Even at the comfort of your own home, you cannot be assured of the quality of the water that you drink. If your water appears clear in a glass, it does not necessarily mean that it is clean. More often than not, it is going to be filled with contaminants. The impurities in water may be invisible from the naked eye, but they can be significantly hazardous. They can lead into a wide array of health problems. With this, there is no wonder why many people resort into buying bottled water. The problem, however, is that it can be expensive. As an alternative, why not consider the use of fridge water filter?
Image Source: cukni.com
If your fridge is equipped with its own water dispenser, chances are, it comes with its own filter as well. This is going to purify water as it is transferred on a glass. The pre-installed filters, however, may exhibit inferior functionality. With this, there is no wonder why most people opt to use fridge water filters that are different from what is already included in their refrigerator.
What It Can Do
To say that fridge water filters can remove contaminants in water is a general statement. To fully understand what it can do for you and for your family, you should know the contaminants that it can remove. Chlorine is one of the components that it can remove from water, making the filter an effective disinfectant. Aside from chlorine, it can also filter lead, arsenic, mercury, cysts, pesticides, and herbicides, among others. It can take out sediments, like dust and rust. Every time you fill your glass with water from the fridge filter, the quality can be comparable to what you can find from bottled water.
Types of Fridge Water Filters
Generally speaking, there are two kinds of fridge water filters:
- Inline Filters: This is the filter that is used by people who have older model of refrigerators, specifically those that do not have their own water filter. One of the sides will be attached to the water supply line. While the other side will be attached on the back of the refrigerator. It is also used in under sink water filters.
- Push-in Filters: This is the filter hat is used in the newer models of refrigerators. With a simple push and twist, they can be assembled in their designated position. They come in different forms, such as canister filters, slide-out filters, grille filters, and drop down filters.
The Best Options for Fridge Water Filters
With the abundance of the options that are available, which one should you pick? We will take a quick look at some of the best choices that can be taken into account:
- GE MWF Smartwater Filter: This may be on the bit of the bulkier side, but it will surely never disappoint. One of the most impressive things about this product is that it can be installed upside down. Either way, it is going to work and will not have a negative impact on functionality. As stated by the manufacturer, it can withstand up to six months of regular use.
- Samsung Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Filter: The high-grade carbon that is found in this filter is one of its best features. The latter is the one responsible for allowing it to remove 99% of the contaminants that can be found in water. It gives the water clean taste and color.
- Maytag UKF8001: It has Pur Water Filtration Technology, providing it with the ability to remove the most common contaminants that can be found in drinking water. While it is able to remove impurities, one thing that is amazing is its ability to retain beneficial fluoride. It is also an affordable option, especially because it can withstand up to 6 months of use.
- Frigidaire WFC2B: One thing that is often given words of praises about this model is its 9-month lifespan. This is as opposed to most of the options that last only for a span of six months. More than contaminants, it can also remove chlorine and make the water odor-free. It is a good thing that it retains fluoride in water, which is an essential nutrient.
- Whirlpool 4396710P: Although this can prove to be an expensive choice, it has been ranked by many as amongst the best. It already comes in a pack of two and it is NSF-certified. It has a functional life of six months. It is also preferred by many because it can be easily installed and removed.
Without a doubt, clean and healthy drinking water is one thing that must be present in every household. This is not a luxury, but a necessity. Given this assertion, yes, you need to invest in fridge water filters! It is an effective and practical way to get rid of impurities in water, making it suitable for consumption.